In today's class we:
- Did and exercise about phrasal verbs (chapter 23)
- Went through quiz 1
- Talked about the video exercise from last class
- Looked at more idioms:
- Did a six word sentence writing based on the title "My Weekend"
- Looked at a new famous sentence of the day
- Worked on the group presentations
- Did chapter 24 about phrasal verbs
- Did a video exercise about formal language
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words:
A visual presentation is far more descriptive than words.
A Piece of Cake:
A task that can be accomplished very easily.
A Slap on the Wrist:
A very mild punishment.
A Taste Of Your Own Medicine:
When you are mistreated the same way you mistreat others.
A result that is still unclear and can go either way.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words:
It's better to actually do something than just talk about it.
Add Fuel To The Fire:
Whenever something is done to make a bad situation even worse than it is.