In today's class we:
- Went through features of complaint letters
- Wrote a complaint letter to a classmate about a problem
- Looked at some examples highlighting the positives
- Went through details of the "Sender's address" and "Inside address"
- Talked about the 28 most common letter writing errors (see below). We voted for the worst errors which were spelling (no.6), grammar (no.7) and incorrectly addressing the reader (no.8)
- Looked at page 7-9 of the course text book about "Twelve Rules For Better Writing"
- Re-capped the My Special Letter project and spent some time in groups working on it.(Remember it is on Wednesday...10% of your grade.)