In today's class we:
- Went through details of the "Sender's address" and "Inside address"
- Looked at the main styles of letter writing (FULL BLOCK, MODIFIED BLOCK, SEMI-BLOCK, SIMPLIFIED LETTER)
- Went through features and techniques of complaint letter writing
- Wrote a complaint letter to a classmate about a problem
- Looked at some examples highlighting the positives
- Talked about the 28 most common letter writing errors (see below). We voted for the worst errors which were spelling (no.6), grammar (no.7) and incorrectly addressing the reader (no.8)
- Re-capped the My Special Letter project and spent some time in groups working on it.