In today's class we:
- Did an interpretation exercise on a selection from The Boodeyman (see below) where we had to insert pauses (P) into the relevant position. The number of pauses varied from 4 to about 15 in the class. There is no right or wrong answer; however it appeared that most people put more pauses in when reading it than when they anticipated initially.
- Went through a set of slides based on the steps of analysis
- Listened to the next story 'The Last Rung on the Ladder'
- Answered questions on it
- Did a drawing exercise based on the following extract:
- Homework. Please draw an image based on the following extract and bring it to Saturday's class: She let go and dropped the second I told her to. She came straight down like a knife. It seemed to me that she dropped forever, her gold pigtails standing straight up from her head, her eyes shut, her face as pale as china. She didn't scream. Her hands were locked in front of her lips, as if she was praying.