EN101 Class 2
In today's class we:
- Looked at internet slang and talked about how formal or informal it can be within the context
- Did a 6 word sentence writing competition based on the subject http://www.smithteens.com/
- We watched episode 2 of "Fry's Planet Word" which focused on identity and how language shapes the way we see the world, and behave. We had a discussion of it after lunch
- Spent some time in our groups working on the presentations
- Did chapter 8 and 10 from the course book
- Talked about idioms
- Did a video exercise based on idioms (see below). You have to figure out the meanings of these idioms.
PS Was nice to meet you all this week. Keep following the rules (there are only a few), keep contributing and get ready for a fun second week!!