In today's class we:
- Re-capped hooks from the last class
- Looked at some examples of famous puns
- Talked about choosing suitable topics for argumentative essays
- Did p94-96 of the course book
- Did a mind mapping exercise based on one of the topics on p95
- Did some group work before lunch
- Did a hook/thesis statement writing exercised based on the titles on p95
- Looked at counter arguments and how to turn a negative into a positive.
- Talked about the final exam (see home page for information).
- Did an "introduction" writing exercise, including a hook, thesis statement and peer feedback
- Talked about the order of main arguments (basically there is no right or wrong order, but it all depends on what makes your essay more persuasive overall).
- Did p97-99
- Spent some time working in our groups