In today's class we:
- Signed up for the class (and saved registration numbers). If you have not written your receipt/registration number on the computer then please make sure you do it ASAP or you will not be able to take the course
- Went through course information including the syllabus (see the full information on the course home page)
- Briefly looked at the course literature
- Briefly chatted about the course grading including coursework
- Looked at some background information on 'Haruki Murakami' and 'The WInd-Up Bird Chronicle'
- Watched a documentary about Murakami (from the Imagine BBC Series S13E05)
- Listened to Chapter 1 of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle in audiobook form (up to 49mins 17seconds of the 1st audio file. p14 of the course text book).
- Answered questions from it and discussed it as a class
- Arranged the groups
- I set Coursework 1- "Create a 10 box comic strip summarising the
first 2 chapters of The Wind-Up Bird
Chronicle. It should be in chronological order."
Today's Haruki Murakami/Wind-Up Bird Chronicle Powerpoint slides
Watch with caution!